NEL training hubs are pleased to have commissioned and made dates available for the popular Coaching for Health course, PCI Accredited. The training supports patient self-care and behaviour change, particularly around the management of long-term conditions.
Is aimed at l HCAs l Social Prescribers l Care Coordinators l Health & Wellbeing Coaches l Care Navigators.4 half days course
Is aimed at l GPs l Pharmacists l PAs l Paramedics l Nurses l ACPs l Occupational Therapists l Physiotherapists l others in supervisory roles.
What is Coaching for Health?
A coaching approach enables healthcare professionals to empower their patients to take ownership of their health goals and, by working together, develop the commitment to achieving them. Studies have shown that this collaborative approach increases the likelihood of positive behavioural and lifestyle changes, producing more effective patient self-management, particularly in long-term conditions.
This course has been run for well over a 2,000 healthcare professionals over the last ten years. Three months after the training, 50% of those evaluated indicated that they were regularly using the skills with patients, only 1% indicated that they were never using them, and 97% indicated they would recommend the course to a colleague.
Coaching for Health course will cover:
- An introduction to a coaching approach for behavioural change
- Coaching skills for building openness, trust and willingness
- Frameworks for structuring brief health coaching interventions
- Setting effective goals with patients that encourage self-care
- Patient-centred management planning techniques
- Challenging skills
- Working with barriers and resistance to change (cognitive, emotional, behavioural)
- The principles and skills of Motivational Interviewing