Newham Training Hub in partnership with the CCG and Council are pleased to offer all front line staff in the Borough an opportunity attend this 4 hour Mental Health First Aid Aware training. This introductory session raises awareness of mental health. It covers:
• What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
• A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
• An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
• Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
• This is a half day course currently being delivered via online video conferencing
• Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
• We limit numbers to 20 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
Everyone who completes the course gets:
• A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
• A workshop manual to refer to whenever you need it
• A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
When are the courses offered? How to register?
Courses are being offered from February to April 2022. Click on below link to book your place now.
Pease note as the course is delivered online, you must provide your postal address on the booking form to enable the course learning materials to be posted to you. Registration will close 10 days prior to each delivery date:
Standard RRP for a place on this course is £125 PP. This is being funded by your Training Hub. Line Managers will be informed of late cancellations and failure to turn up.