We aim to train anyone who wants to help Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust share cervical health messages.
We train health care staff (non-clinical staff or healthcare professionals) and people in the community who feel strongly about improving health outcomes for women in their area.
Every day in the UK, 9 women are diagnosed with and 2 women die from cervical cancer. Yet, cervical cancer is now largely preventable through cervical screening and the HPV vaccine.
The number of women attending cervical screening is declining so we need your help to change these statistics and help us reach our goal of eliminating cervical cancer in the UK.
What can we offer you?
• A free training session, around 1.5 hours in duration, tailored to your needs and the populations you work with.
• A certificate of completion (following our first month evaluation).
• A session that will raise awareness of cervical cancer and prevention, and will equip you with the skills, knowledge and tools you need to communicate key messages. We will also give you space to reflect on how best to engage with your patients to change behaviour and overcome barriers to awareness and screening. You can help us eliminate cervical cancer in the UK!
• Relevant information and materials.
What do we ask in return?
We ask that everyone who receives our training commits to:
• Sharing key Cervical health messages with 15+ people within 1 month of training.
• Reporting back on numbers of people reached, messages shared and any feedback you receive in your 1 month follow up
What you will learn:
You will learn about the below topics, which will enable you to have conversations with people:
1. What Cervical Cancer is and how it is caused
2. Warning signs & symptoms of cervical cancer
3. How Cervical Cancer can be prevented
4. The barriers women experience to attending screening
If you have any more questions about the training or want to make us aware of topics of special interest, please get in touch with email@example.com