What is Coaching for Health?
A coaching approach enables healthcare professionals to empower their patients to take ownership of their health goals and, by working together, develop the commitment to achieving them.
Studies have shown that this collaborative approach increases the likelihood of positive behavioural and lifestyle changes, producing more effective patient self-management, particularly in long-term conditions.
This training is open to ELFT CHN Staff, Newham practice nurses and nurse practitioners, and Newham Health Visitors who have face to face contact with patients.
This course has been run for well over a 1,500 healthcare professionals over the last seven years. Three months after the training, 62% of those evaluated indicated that they were regularly using the skills with patients, and 97% indicated they would recommend the course to a colleague.
- An introduction to a coaching approach for behavioural change
- Coaching skills for building openness, trust and willingness
- Frameworks for structuring brief health coaching interventions
- Setting effective goals with patients that encourage self-care
- Patient-centred management planning techniques
- Challenging skills and working with barriers and resistance to change
- 28th January and 10th February, 13:00 – 16:30
- 4th March and 18th March, 13:00 – 16:30
- 6th May and 20th May, 13:00 – 16:30