Activation is pleased to announce a Patient Experience workshop designed to help you get the most from your interactions with staff and patients. On behalf of NEL Training Hubs, we are delighted to offer you an opportunity to attend this informative and fun two-hour workshop.
The workshop is trainer led and uses actors to play out difficult conversations that take place between staff and service users. Throughout the workshop we provide you with simple tools and techniques to help you interact and communicate with patients when all is well and when all is not well….providing both yourselves and your service users with a great Patient Experience.
The course is open to all health and social care staff including GP Receptionists and Practice Managers working in BHR, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
Activities will include testing and broadening the participants’ understanding of the patient experience and handling difficult situations. We will look at:
• Personal impact – status
• Flexing style
• Managing conflict
• Difficult conversations – skills practice
Outcomes of the session:
• An understanding of what makes for a good patient experience.
• Knowing how you communicate now – what works and doesn’t work
• Doing more of what works – especially the stuff that’s uniquely you!
• How to handle a difficult patient or situation
• Improved questioning and listening skills