PLEASE READ BELOW CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING!!!
We are pleased to announce dates are now available for those wishing to become First Contact Practitioner (FCP)/Advanced Practice (AP) Roadmap Supervisors.
The training is over 2 days and in order to qualify, you are required to attend and complete both days. Please register for the first session; the second session will be one week after the first session and all details will be sent to you once you are registered.
- Course Tue 19-Jul-22 & Tue 26-Jul-22
- Course Tue 16-Aug-22 & Tue 23-Aug-22
REGISTRATION LINK: https://londonfcproadmapsupervisortraining.eventbrite.co.uk
NEW DATES WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON. Please send your interest to email@example.com
By registering this course you are confirming that you meet the criteria for training:
- You hold a full post graduate MSc, or are a full MACP member
- You are an FCP recognised by the HEE Centre for Advancing Practice
- You are an Advanced Practitioner recognised by the HEE Centre for Advancing Practice
- You are a GP
- You should ensure that you meet the above criteria. Any workplace-based assessments or verification undertaken by an individual who does not meet the criteria, will not count as evidence in the roadmap portfolio. Misleading trainers regarding eligibility could be deemed a fitness to practice issue
The role of a Roadmap Supervisor comes with the responsibility of undertaking workplace-based assessments (within your own scope of practice) and verifying evidence of knowledge, skills, and capability in day-to-day practice. Please ensure that you base your decisions on evidence and use the verification process as outlined on the RMSV course, supported by resources on the HEE Roadmaps to Practice Landing Page, and can justify your reasoning. Engagement in the training is required to support you in this process.
Confirming Completion of training
Currently, following completion of the RMSV training, trainers will provide a survey link for RMSVs to register their completion of the training.
Sharing your Data
Part of undertaking the training is agreeing to share your contact details, for the purpose of recognising FCPs and, if necessary, putting you in touch with people in need of a RMSV.
The contact/personal data submitted via the post-course survey is held by HEE (Centre for Advanced Practice) and is also shared with HEE’s Training Hubs Leads. If at any point you no longer wish to be contacted or would like to amend/remove your data, please contact the Centre for Advanced Practice firstname.lastname@example.org and the appropriate HEE Regional/Local Office Contact(s) available on HEE’s Roadmap Supervisor Landing page.
First Contact Practitioner (FCP)/Advanced Practice (AP) Roadmap Supervisors will be responsible for:
- Day to day clinical supervision within the clinical setting – debriefs – ensuring patient and practi-tioner safety
- Undertaking the workplace-based assessments (WPBA) listed in the Roadmap, using the WPBA tools provided
- Verifying practice via review of portfolio of evidence against the Roadmap capabilities
Supervisors must have completed the 2-day Roadmap Supervision Course to supervise FCPs and APs.
• Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.hee.nhs.uk/our-work/allied-health-professions/enable-workforce/roadmap-faqs
• Please read the First Contact Practitioners and Advanced Practitioners in Primary Care: (Musculoskeletal) A Roadmap to Practice document before attending the sessions: https://www.hee.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/documents/A%20Roadmap%20to%20Practice.pdf