PLEASE READ BELOW CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING!!!
We are pleased to announce dates are now available for those wishing to become First Contact Practitioner (FCP)/Advanced Practice (AP) Roadmap Supervisors.
The training is over 2 days and in order to qualify, you are required to attend and complete both days. Please register for the first session (link below); the second session will be one week after the first session and all details will be sent to you once you are registered.
- Course 1 – Thu 08-Jul-21 & Thu 15-Jul-21
- Course 2 – Tue 07-Sep-21 & Tue 14-Sep-21
- Course 3 – Sat 11-Sep-21 & Sat 18-Sep-21
- Course 4 – Tue 21-Sep-21 & Tue 28-Sep-21
- Course 5 – Wed 22-Sep-21 & Wed 29-Sep-21
- Course 6 – Tue 19-Oct-21 & Tue 26-Oct-21
- Course 7 – Wed 03-Nov-21 & Wed 10-Nov-21
- Course 8 – Tue 23-Nov-21 & Tue 30-Nov-21
- Course 9 – Tue 14-Dec-21 & Tue 21-Dec-21
- Course 10 – Tue 22-Mar-22 & Tue 29-Mar-22
- Course 11 – Thu 21-Apr-22 & Thu 28-Apr-22
- Course 12 – Mon 16-May-22 & Mon 23-May-22
- Course 13 – Tue 7-Jun-22 & Tue 14-Jun-22
- Course 14 – Tue 19-Jul-22 & Tue 26-Jul-22
- Course 15 – Tue 16-Aug-22 & Tue 23-Aug-22
- Course 16 – Tue 13-Sep-22 & Tue 20-Sep-22
- Course 17 – Wed 12-Oct-22 & Wed 19-Oct-22
- Course 18 – Wed 9-Nov-22 & Wed 16-Nov-22
- Course 19 – Fri 15-Nov-22 & Fri 2-Dec-22
- Course 20 – Tue 10-Jan-23 & Tue 17-Jan-23
- Course 21 – Tue 7-Feb-23 & Tue 14-Feb-23
- Course 22 – Fri 3-Mar-23 & Fri 10-Mar-23
By registering this course you are confirming that you meet ONE OF THE criteria for training (you don’t need to meet all):
- You hold a full post graduate MSc, or are a full MACP member
- You are an FCP recognised by the HEE Centre for Advancing Practice
- You are an Advanced Practitioner recognised by the HEE Centre for Advancing Practice
- You are a GP
- You should ensure that you meet the above criteria. Any workplace-based assessments or verification undertaken by an individual who does not meet the criteria, will not count as evidence in the roadmap portfolio. Misleading trainers regarding eligibility could be deemed a fitness to practice issue
The role of a Roadmap Supervisor comes with the responsibility of undertaking workplace-based assessments (within your own scope of practice) and verifying evidence of knowledge, skills, and capability in day-to-day practice. Please ensure that you base your decisions on evidence and use the verification process as outlined on the RMSV course, supported by resources on the HEE Roadmaps to Practice Landing Page, and can justify your reasoning. Engagement in the training is required to support you in this process.
Confirming Completion of training
Currently, following completion of the RMSV training, trainers will provide a survey link for RMSVs to register their completion of the training.
Sharing your Data
Part of undertaking the training is agreeing to share your contact details, for the purpose of recognising FCPs and, if necessary, putting you in touch with people in need of a RMSV.
The contact/personal data submitted via this registration form is held by the HEE London Primary Care team and is also shared with Training Hubs. If at any point you no longer wish to be contacted or would like to amend/remove your data, please contact PrimaryCare.London@hee.nhs.uk
First Contact Practitioner (FCP)/Advanced Practice (AP) Roadmap Supervisors will be responsible for:
- Day to day clinical supervision within the clinical setting – debriefs – ensuring patient and practi-tioner safety
- Undertaking the workplace-based assessments (WPBA) listed in the Roadmap, using the WPBA tools provided
- Verifying practice via review of portfolio of evidence against the Roadmap capabilities
Supervisors must have completed the 2-day Roadmap Supervision Course to supervise FCPs and APs.
• Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.hee.nhs.uk/our-work/allied-health-professions/enable-workforce/roadmap-faqs
• Please read the First Contact Practitioners and Advanced Practitioners in Primary Care: (Musculoskeletal) A Roadmap to Practice document before attending the sessions: https://www.hee.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/documents/A%20Roadmap%20to%20Practice.pdf