This 2 hour workshop delivered virtually aims to support non clinical reception and administrative staff to confidently give out normal blood results. The workshop is based on the Bromley By Bow Health partnership training where in the initial 3 months post training they had saved around 50-60 appointments. Audit had revealed 100% accuracy giving out results (ie those patients that were told the results were normal did actually have normal results and no one was falsely told this). Feedback from staff has been positive, including improved staff and patient satisfaction and reduction on call volumes from clinicians.
Learner on the course will be able to:
· Learn how to give out normal blood results as well as other tests including scans, swabs, urine and more to patients safely. And if you do this already, learn more about the results you are giving out and what they are for.
· Improve practice workload and patient experience whilst reducing clinical appointments usage for patients requesting their results, where the clinicians have already marked them as being normal.
Areas covered on the course include:
· How to give online access
· Use Accurx
· How to deliver results appropriately with safety netting.
· How to audit impact and safety
· Understand more about certain results such as those for diabetes, cholesterol and iron