HEE London GP School GP Educator Pathway
The GP Supervisors Course is mandatory for all GPs who wish to become educational supervisors, or a placement named clinical supervisors in primary care. This includes those wanting to be the educational supervisor of GPs in specialty training (aka a GP trainer) or the named clinical supervisor for GP STs or foundation doctors in clinical placements in general practice. This interactive course runs over 11 weeks (3 hours contact per week) on a virtual platform and has approximately 45 hours’ time commitment (33 hours contact plus preparation).
To be eligible to apply, participants will need to provide evidence of:
- Being in a substantive GP post in London (Salaried GP or partner working a minimum of 4 clinical sessions a week)
- At least 2 years post CCT (or equivalent)
- Capacity to attend all online sessions
- Capacity and support to train Foundation Doctors and/or GP specialty trainees within 1 year of completion
- Engagement with your local clinical and educational supervisor workshop. (Details of which can be found from email@example.com )
-Virtual Zoom Platform (ensure you have good internet connectivity on laptop or desktop and are in a stationary confidential space protected from predictable interruptions for the duration of the 3 hours contact time)
Cohort 5 (Fridays 9.30am to 12.30pm)
27th January, 24th February, 3rd March, 17th March, 24th March, 31st March, 28th April, 5th May, 12th May, 19th May & 26th May.
To book a place
Please complete the booking form here.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org