Please join us for the HCA in general Practice course on the 25th and 26th of August. Attendees should ideally attend both days.
- Access to online resources and handouts
- Competency documents
- 2 day live zoom sessions
- 2 audio recordings
DAY 1 26 August 2021
09h00 – 12h00 Introduction to General Practice
- Consent, duty of care and confidentiality
- Understanding MCA 2005 and Mental Health Act
- New patient check
- Health screening tests
- Taking a smoking and alcohol history
- Urine dipstick and recording results
- Taking a temperature and identifying sepsis in general practice
- Overview of NEWS2 score
13h00 – 16h00 Hypertension and CVD
- How to take a Blood pressure and heart rate
- Importance of monitoring temperature and respiration
- What is heart failure and hypertension
- Preventing falls and blood pressure monitoring.
- Completing QOF indicators
- Identifying hypertension risk factors
- Recognising normal and abnormal blood pressure parameters.