Click HERE to register.
Join us in a pivotal educational programme where healthcare meets environmental advocacy.
Our Air Pollution & Air Quality Training Sessions, developed with clean air charity Global Action Plan, are specifically designed for healthcare professionals committed to expanding their practice beyond the clinic. This initiative is part of the Air Quality Project, funded by the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA), focusing on the crucial area of North East London.
These training sessions will enable participants to:
- Comprehend the Health Risks: Understand the intricate ways in which air pollution poses threats to human health.
- Identify the Culprits: Explore the diverse sources of air pollution affecting our communities and the wider UK.
- Assess the Impact: Gain a broader perspective on how air pollution alters the societal fabric, both in the UK and globally.
- Empower Your Patients: Learn actionable strategies and advice to guide your patients in navigating a polluted world.
- Become Advocates: Embrace your role as a healthcare professional in leading advocacy for cleaner, safer air.
- Explore the Health Sector’s Role: Delve into the broader contributions and responsibilities of the health sector in combating air pollution.
We’ve organised our sessions to cater to different specialisations and interests within the healthcare community.
Find the one that speaks to your professional needs and aligns with your schedule.
Tuesday, 5th December – 12pm to 1pm – Target Audience: Primary care and community practitioners, (GPs, District nurses, community specialist nurses, social care, community AHPs, etc)
Thursday, 7th December – 12pm to 1pm – Target Audience: Secondary Care (hospital-based healthcare practitioners and staff)
Tuesday, 9th January – 12.30pm to 1.30pm – Target Audience: Maternal and child health (Primary and Secondary Care Staff)
Wednesday, 17th January – 12pm to 1pm – Target Audience: All healthcare professionals