Social Prescribing is a way for local agencies to refer people to a social prescriber or those in a similar role. Social Prescribers give people time, focusing on ‘what matters to me’ and taking a holistic approach to people’s health and wellbeing. They connect people to community groups and statutory services for practical and emotional support.
If this sounds like something you do in your role, then please come and join our community of practice online forum.
- 13:00 – 13:10: Welcome & Introductions – Katy Szita, Lead Social Prescriber, NW2 PCN & Natasha Sutton, Lead Social Prescriber NE2 PCN
- 13:10 – 13:25: Social Welfare Alliance & Safer Surgeries – Helena Taylor, Health & Wellbeing Manager, London Borough of Newham
- 13:25 – 14:00: Part 1 – Health & Wellbeing Workshop – Yasmin Long, Newham Talking Therapies
- 14:00 – 14:05: Break
- 14:05 – 14:55: Part 2 – Health & Wellbeing Workshop – Yasmin Long, Newham Talking Therapies
- 14:55 – 15:00: Feedback & Close – Katy Szita, Lead Social Prescriber NW2 PCN & Natasha Sutton, Lead Social Prescriber NE2 PCN
- Sharing good practice
Social prescribers, community link workers, care navigators, ELFT community connectors and anyone who has elements of prescribing in their role or are interested in the role.