Social Prescribing is a way for local agencies to refer people to a social prescriber or those in a similar role. Social Prescribers give people time, focusing on ‘what matters to me’ and taking a holistic approach to people’s health and wellbeing. They connect people to community groups and statutory services for practical and emotional support.
If this sounds like something you do in your role, then please come and join our community of practice online forum.
- 13:05 – 13:10: Welcome and Introductions – Forum Co-chairs: Katy Szita, Lead Social Prescriber NW2 PCN and Augusta Adu, Senior Social Prescriber Link Worker, South One Primary Care Network
- 13:10 – 13:15: Welcome to Newham Support – Aine Fuller, Public Health Officer, Health Promotion & Community Engagement
- 13:15 – 13:20: SWA Training Update – Helena Taylor, Senior Public Health Adviser to VCFS
- 13:20 – 13:35: Primary Care Knowledge service – Sherin Francis, Primary Care Knowledge Specialist
- 13:35 – 13:50: Aim4Work, Shaw Trust – Louise Riman and Jatinder Dhadwar, Employment Advisers
- 13:50 – 14:00: Comfort Break
- 14:00 – 14:20: DWP Disability Employment Advisors Service – Olu Adeniran/Tee Somolu, Employment Adviser
- 14:20 – 14:30: Our Newham Learning and Skills Courses – Denise Herman, Pathway Leader
- 14:30 – 14:40: LBN Resident Engagement & Participation – Habebur Rahman, Volunteers, Parks and Open Spaces Team Leader
- 14:40 – 15:00: Newham Employment Rights Hub – Heli Alam, Employment Rights Adviser
- 15:00: Closing Comments – Forum Co-chairs: Katy Szita, Lead Social Prescriber NW2 PCN and Augusta Adu, Senior Social Prescriber Link Worker, South One Primary Care Network
- Sharing good practice