Social Prescribing is a way for local agencies to refer people to a social prescriber or those in a similar role. Social Prescribers give people time, focusing on ‘what matters to me’ and taking a holistic approach to people’s health and wellbeing. They connect people to community groups and statutory services for practical and emotional support.
If this sounds like something you do in your role, then please come and join our community of practice online forum.
- 13:00 – 13:10: Welcome & Introductions – Katy Szita, Lead Social Prescriber, NW2 PCN & Natasha Sutton, Lead Social Prescriber NE2 PCN
- 13:10 – 13:30: Enabled Living Healthcare – Rukshana Ahmed, Training & events Officer, Enabled Living Healthcare
- 13:30 – 13:50: Bariatric Committee – Susan Alfred, Improvement Advisor, East London Foundation Trust
- 13:50 – 14:10: 150 Club – Layla McNeilly, Health Coordinator, West Ham United Foundation & Chloe Law, Project Administrator, West Hame United Foundation
- 14:10 – 14:20: Break
- 14:20 – 14:40: Live Well Newham – Mosope Ojo, Senior Engagement Officer, Xyla Health & Wellbeing
- 14:40 – 14:45: Well Newham & Public Health Update – Ysabella Hawkings – Assistant Strategist & Well Newham Programme Manager, Public Health LBN
- 14:45 – 14:50: Social Welfare Alliance & EUSS – Phil Veasey, Public Health Consultant, London Borough of Newham
- 14:50 – 15:00: Feedback & Close – Katy Szita, Lead Social Prescriber NW2 PCN & Natasha Sutton, Lead Social Prescriber NE2 PCN
- Sharing good practice
Social prescribers, community link workers, care navigators, ELFT community connectors and anyone who has elements of prescribing in their role or are interested in the role.