Audience: Practice Management staff
NHS Pensions are explained in a user-friendly, interactive way. The module will provide practical guidance to enable participants to map outcomes onto their own practice – across their GPs, GP Partners, Locums and other clinical and non-clinical staff. Participants will develop their understanding of NHS Pensions by interacting with practitioners but also you will have the opportunity to explore and interact with colleagues from other practices.
Session will cover: ❖ 1995/2008/2015 Schemes ❖ Annual Allowance/Tapered Annual Allowance – the options and implications ❖ Lifetime Allowance – impact of exceeding, protection available ❖ 24 Hour Retirement – How, when and why ❖ When to retire
Course Provider: Practice Management Association
Rules of engagement
- All courses are delivered virtually via Teams or Zoom
- Dates are offered from September onwards. Additional dates will be added based on demand and need. Your Training Hub will be providing regular updates on new topics and dates. Where places are fully subscribed, do add your name to the waiting list to be offered priority place on future dates.
- Registering on the courses are mandatory. This is typically through Eventbrite platform
- In the event of needing to cancel place(s), this must be done via the Eventbrite platform
- Significant public funds are being invested on these programmes to support staff development. Booking on a workshop and not turning up will incur a DNA charge. This will be the cost price of the place on the workshop. These are not free but funded Attendance/Non-attendance report will be produced and shared with your local Training Hub team
- To ensure a high quality learning experience, all the workshops will be interactive. To enable this you MUST have a working camera and mics to participate. You may be asked by the facilitator on the day to leave if you do not have a working camera and/or mic
- Learners are expected to join in a timely manner, and participate in the training fully. Late entries will not be given entry. Partial participation will result in certificate not being issued and line management will be informed
- Joining links will be circulated 48-72 hours prior to delivery date. Once delegate book on a course, they are expected to ensure diary is blocked to participate in the session
- We expect learners to ensure protected time, space and equipment is accessible prior to registering. This should be a place and time with minimal distraction. Practice Management should be supporting staff to facilitate this
- We expect all learners to participate in the evaluation process of the programme. This would include on the day feedback, and impact survey that will be carried out 12 – 16 weeks post training. This process will include collating future training needs.
- Finally, NEL Training Hub hope you enjoy the learning experience. Do feel free to feedback any comments directly to your local Training Hub if there are any suggestions or improvements that can be made