Overeaters Anonymous (OA) is a 12 step programme open to all, and welcomes anyone who wants to stop eating compulsively. We have members who experience all sorts of disordered eating including overeating, compulsive eating, undereating and bulimia.
The session will include information about 12 step programmes in general and how they help people with addictions. Specifically looking at how OA is structured, illustrating this with personal stories.
- Increase their knowledge about Overeaters Anonymous and the 12 step programme
- Understand that for some patients with eating disorders, this is a solution
- Know where & how to signpost patients.
- Please MUTE⛔ your microphones prior to joining to avoid unnecessary noise disruption. Feel free to have camera on if you wish.
- Live texting (Chat) function will be enabled to ask questions through from the start of the meeting.
- We recommend joining from laptop or tablet devices but smartphones will work fine too.
- We recommend installing MS Teams app to your computer or device to be able to use all functions during the session. However, if you would like to join via your browser, Microsoft Teams is no longer support Internet Explorer, please use Microsoft Edge.