Overview – An intensive web workshop which looks at people leadership, team-working models, and provides the practical guidance on how to lead PCN and practice staff. We will also focus on essential skills that help you become the best leader you can be with a focus on how to adapt your leadership style to deliver results through people. You will discover how to get maximum performance from your team, exploring motivation, influence and balancing the potential conflicts arising from the needs for both creativity and consistency. We will also explore the cause of, and potential solutions to under-performance.
The core objectives of the workshop, to enable delegates to have:
- A clear and confident awareness of their preferred leadership style, and how to adapt to a given situation.
- Understanding a practical approach to team working and building healthy relationships.
- Practice and apply the knowledge and skills learnt, to develop their own employee’s, colleague’s performance, and wellbeing, as well as the growth or change of the organisation.
Aims & Objectives:
- Develop the understanding and core skills of leading people in Practice.
- Understand the purpose of leading people within an organisation.
- Develop the core skills and behaviours of an effective leader of people.
- Explore how the behaviour of a leader impact on the relationships, and performance of staff.
Pre-reading – ‘The Five Dysfunctions of a Team’ – Patrick Lencioni:
https://slooowdown.wordpress.com/2011/10/08/a-summary-of-the-five-dysfunctions-of-a-team-by-patrick-lencioni/ (An overview of Lencioni Five Dysfunctions of a Team)
The module will be delivered as an interactive web workshop session with practical guidance to enable participants to map the techniques and outcomes onto their own practice.