This 2 hour workshop delivered virtually aims to support non clinical reception and administrative staff in improving their knowledge and understanding of prescriptions focusing particularly on repeat prescriptions and the impact of long term conditions on patients. Through better understanding of conditions such as asthma, epilepsy, diabetes and serious mental health problems, administrative team will gain confidence in supporting these patients’ medical journeys with more empathy and efficiency.
Learning outcomes include:
· Advanced EMIS functions learning
· Utilisation of WebGP/e-consultation for prescription requests e.g. repeat contraception, travel related medications
· Learning around top 10 commonly requested medications and issues relevant to these including need for monitoring
· A better understanding of the needs of patients with chronic diseases such as diabetes, asthma, hypertension etc, which impact prescription requests
· Non-medical prescribing e.g. health trainers or weight loss programmes prescribing