What is Coaching for Health?
A coaching approach enables healthcare professionals to empower their patients to take ownership of their health goals and, by working together, develop the commitment to achieving them.
Studies have shown that this collaborative approach increases the likelihood of positive behavioural and lifestyle changes, producing more effective patient self-management, particularly in long-term conditions.
Who is the Course for?
This training is open to ELFT CHN Staff, Newham practice nurses and nurse practitioners, and Newham Health Visitors who have face-to-face contact with patients.
This course has been run for well over a 1,500 healthcare professionals over the last seven years. Three months after the training, 62% of those evaluated indicated that they were regularly using the skills with patients, and 97% indicated they would recommend the course to a colleague.
The course runs over 2 Half Days and will cover:
• An introduction to a coaching approach for behavioural change
• Coaching skills for building openness, trust and willingness
• Frameworks for structuring brief health coaching interventions
• Setting effective goals with patients that encourage self-care
• Patient-centred management planning techniques
• Challenging skills and working with barriers and resistance to change
This is a 2x half day course and participants must attend both days
All sessions run from 13.00-16.30
To book a place email Monica Cabey email@example.com
- Wednesday 6th July and Wednesday 20th July 2022
- Wednesday 14th September and Wednesday 28th September 2022
- Wednesday 23rd November and Wednesday 7th December 2022