We are pleased to introduce Sherin Francis, our new Knowledge Specialist for North East London PCNs. Sherin’s role is to help you with your knowledge, information, and library needs.
Health Education England (HEE) have funded 16 new Primary Care Knowledge Specialist posts to work with Training Hubs across the country. This new role is to support all colleagues – clinical and non-clinical – in Primary Care Networks (PCNs) in their ongoing education and professional development. North East London’s Primary Care Knowledge Specialist role is hosted by NELFT Library & Knowledge Service.
Sherin can help you with:
- Evidence Searches (aka literature searches): In-depth searches of databases such as Medline for evidence to support you in Business Cases and QI projects, CPD and more.
- NHS OpenAthens: OpenAthens accounts are FREE and allow access to a range of online information resources, BMJ Best Practice, thousands of e-journals, and e-books.
- Document Delivery: Sourcing journal articles and books from other NHS libraries or the British Library.
- NEL NHS Libraries: You can visit the NHS Libraries across North East London to borrow books or study. Visit the webpage for more details.
- Training: Free online training sessions to improve your skills in finding evidence.
- Support: Facilitating Journal Clubs and Reflective Reading Sessions for groups and teams.