here are a number of Dates available the attached flyers have all the information
COURSE 1 – THURSDAYS, 4 AND 18 MAY 2023
COURSE 2 – TUESDAYS, 12 AND 26 SEPTEMBER 2023
Target Audience : HCAslSocial PrescriberslCare Coordinators| Health& Wellbeing CoacheslCare Navigators|GPslPharmacistslPAslParamedicslNurseslACPslOccupational TherapistslPhysiotherapistslothers in supervisory roles| MH Practitioners |Social care & Community Care staff
Places are free and may fill up quickly so pleaseAPPLY HERE if you are interested and would like to sign up.
What is Coaching for Health?
A coaching approach enables healthcare professionals toempower their patients to take ownership of their Healthgoalsand, by working together, develop the commitment to achieving them. Studies have shown that this collaborative approach increases the likelihood of positive behavioural and lifestyle changes, producing more effective patient self-management, particularly in long-term conditions.
This course has been run for well over a 4,000 health care professionals over the last ten years. Three months after the training, 50% of those evaluated indicated that they were regularly using the skills with patients, only 1% indicated that they were never using them, and 97% indicated they would recommend the course to a colleague.
Coaching for Healthcourse will cover:
· An introduction to a coachingapproach for behavioural change
· Coaching Skills for building openness, trust and willingness
· Frameworks for structuring brief health coaching interventions
· Setting effective goals with patients thatencourage self-care
· Patient-centred management planning techniques
· Challenging skills
· Working with barriers andresistance to change(cognitive, emotional, behavioural)
· The principles and skills of Motivational Interviewing