Do you have conversations with the residents that may help their understanding and decision on uptake of Vaccinations for them and their family? If so, why not develop MI skills to support these conversations and more
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is an evidence-based, person-centred communication style aimed at having helpful conversations with others about change.
Tower Hamlets Training Hub are pleased to extend this offer to NEL wide staff to introduce this new lively and interactive training. You will learn how to have supportive and effective conversations with others about vaccines. You will also learn about Motivational Interviewing in general which can be used in a range of situations and contexts such as; lifestyle changes, substance misuse, long-term conditions and child and family welfare .
The 12 hour training will cover;
- What is Motivational Interviewing and how can it be helpful in situations such as vaccine hesitancy
- How to engage with people in conversations around change and considering vaccines
- Active listening skills
- How to identify when someone may be ready to make changes or decide to take a vaccine
- How to share information in a helpful way which supports partnership
- Collaborative change and action planning
- How to manage conversations when there are challenges in engagement or barriers to making a decision about vaccines
On full completion of this training you will get a certificate and the opportunity to complete more advanced training and development in Motivational Interviewing.
Please click on the desired cohort below to register a place. Limited places, advised to book early. Do add name to waiting list if fully subscribed
*Please note that this training is for staff who have had no previous training in Motivational Interviewing or have not completed training in the past three years. For those who have already completed a 12 hour Foundation Level MI programme in the past 3 years, a 3 hour top up MI programme with a focus on vaccine hesitancy can be offered. Please contact the programme Facilitator below if you have trained in MI and are interested in completing a top up MI programme in Vaccine Hesitancy.
If you have any enquires about the programme please contact Sophie Dissanayake (Programme Facilitator) firstname.lastname@example.org Learning and Development Practitioner and member of MINT (International Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers)