Click HERE to book your place.
THERE ARE LIMITED NUMBERS OF FUNDED TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE THAT LIVE AND WORK IN NORTH EAST LONDON PUBLIC SECTOR WORKFORCE. THIS INCLUDES STAFF WHO WORK IN THE BELOW BOROUGHS:
CITY & HACKNEY
BARKING, HAVERING & REDBRDIGE
FUNDED TICKETS MUST USE WORK EMAIL ADDRESS TO REGISTER OTHERWISE BOOKINGS WILL BE CANCELLED AUTOMATICALLY
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
– ASIST is a two day interactive workshop in suicide first-aid. Assist teaches participants to recognize when someone may be at risk of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. This course has been proven to significantly reduce suicidality.
– Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
– Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
– Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
– Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
– Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
Please be aware that the training encourages participants to discuss their own beliefs and feelings around suicide and to take part in role play (practising an intervention like you would in physical first aid).
All participants need to allocate two days (9am-5pm) for this course (you can’t leave early or arrive late) it is crucial participants attend both days in full. LUNCH PROVIDED
For in house delivery contact us on email@example.com