This 2-hour training, delivered virtually, aims to help reception teams to navigate patients to the appropriate healthcare staff or services, safely and efficiently. Reception staff will be shown how to review patient queries and help patients navigate the health system appropriately.
Learning outcomes include:
· Helping to implement total triage – now in the new 2023/24 GP Contract
· Having an understanding of how to handle and sort patient queries to the right service
· Subcategorising patients queries efficiently
· Learning about different types of patients’ inquiries so that the right patient at the right time is dealt with by the right clinician.
Clinical presentation will include:
· A live demonstration of an online triage using Accurx software but same concept can be used with other online consult platforms.
· Case studies and quiz