To connect with others embedding the roles and asks questions of each other, please join the Whatsapp group here. Add you contacts details to be reached by those in the group here.
PCN Support Offer – Proactive Social Prescribing
Would you like to join a community of practice to support implementing the proactive social prescribing service as part of the personalised care DES spec? Please fill out this short form here.
- Book in 1:1 support sessions to embed the three roles and tackle health inequalities. Sign up here.
- Working with staff in your PCN or borough to embed the personalised care ARRS role? The PCN advisors can present at your meetings to support these conversations. Email email@example.com to book.
Past events recordings
- Slide 11-14 – detail of the personalised care des spec – what is needed
- Proactive SP case studies – slide 26, 30
- Next steps to implement the personalised care DES spec – slide 32
- Resources and support to coproduce, work in partnership and target cohorts – slide 38,39
|The Social Prescribing Innovators Programme
Applications close on Wednesday 20th July.
We will be communicating the outcomes of applications w/c 8th August. For more information and any updates, please visit our website here.
|Good practice examples wanted – inclusive access to digital tools
The Digital First Primary Care Team at NHS England, working with Good Things Foundation, is looking for work supporting underserved communities and groups that fall in the CORE20PLUS5. PCNs, VCSE and wider who have helped people use digital, Learnings will be shared via a short publication
complete this short form by the 20th July.
|Social Prescribing Information standard, minimum data standard and other national SP information work
What has happened to date in this space?
National priorities for SP evaluation
- Impact on individuals pre and post social prescribing
- Impact on communities- lead to a thriving community
- Impact on System – A&E, GP appointments, Health and social care package
Minimum data set (MDS)
- Phase 1 has happened – 2x pilots in 2021 and in depth testing in NEL
- Feedback on structure indicated it is useful and can be used to structure social prescribing conversations
- Now how to implement e.g. what systems, how to record in VCSE orgs
- SNOMED work as part of this, clinical coding terminology coproduced
- 2 reference sets in development – Needs and concerns (as expressed by patient requiring SP); Support offered (in SP and as the onward referral)
- Some brand new codes have been designed
- Codes need final agreement – then will take time to go through approval system
SP information standard
- HSSF suppliers of SP info management systems are briefed and ready
- Once released (aiming for September) there will be a window for suppliers to be compliant – likely 18 months
- An iterative process of refining, taking reporting from front line will occur
- Still to be decided how the information gets collected and
- NIHR research to start soon on evaluating the NHS social prescribing link worker model for social prescribing
Hiring new SPLW, CC or HWBC?
- Make sure they sign up to the London wide peer supports and mailings for their role here.
- Make sure they are signed up to the Future NHS pages which contain resources for induction as well as continued learning and development. There are also resources for managers here, e.g. recruitment packs.
- SP national page SP London page
- CC national page CC London page
- HWBC national page
- Regional Leadership for Personalised Care Programme – Applications Open! Apply here.
- The Leadership for Personalised Care Regional programme is designed for groups of two or more people from one place who want to learn new skills and work together to drive forward personalised care. The programme will help you focus on what really matters and develop your ability to lead change and influence others to make a positive difference. It runs virtually over three days.
- Foundations in System Leadership; collaborating for health and care – Leadership Academy
- Management, team and leadership bitesize e-learning by NHS Leadership Academy
- Core Managers Programme to provide free inclusive leadership. register for programme on the NHS London Leadership Academy website.
- Building Coaching Capability – contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to get involved
- Healthier Futures Action Fund – applications open
- A new Healthier Futures Action Fund from the Greener NHS will support individuals and teams within NHS organisations to kick-start innovative initiatives or ideas that will improve health and patient care, reduce inequalities, and deliver value, while supporting a more sustainable health service.
- The fund is open to clinical and non-clinical individuals and teams within the NHS, for suggested bids £3,000-£15,000. Find out more and apply for the Healthier Futures Action Fund today. Applications close 19 August 2022.
CVD Prevent Data and Improvement tool: CVD claims 136K lives a year and is a large cause of health inequalities. Find out more here.
Podcast: Dr Bola Owolabi, Director, National Healthcare Inequalities Improvement Programme joins Tara Humphrey, founder of THC Primary Care, for episode #198 of The Business of Healthcare Podcast. Dr Owolabi discusses her career journey from GP to director, circles of concern and influence and how to not make healthcare inequalities a tick box exercise.
Tool: Map the inclusion health needs of your PCN population here.
Checklist: Attached is a checklist to help you get started with the Proactive Social Prescribing aspect of the Personalised care DES spec.
- Statutory Guidance for ICS and NHS Trusts has been released on working in partnership with people and communities.
- Webinars to introduce this: Register for the webinar on Thursday 8 September, 14:00 – 15:00 ; Register for the webinar on Tuesday 11 October, 10:00 – 11:00
- Draft Workforce Development Frameworks attached. NHSEI are currently working through all the helpful feedback shared on these documents.
- Personalised Care DES specification supplement
- By 30 Sept – Bring together VCSE, LA, community to co design targeted programme to increase access for a specific cohort with unmet need (for Oct delivery) using:
- Lived experience
- Population health and inequality data
iii. Social prescribing data
- By 30 Sept – all clinical staff complete 30 min e-learning on SDM by PCI
- Guide on implementing the tackling HI DES spec for PCN managers by Tara Humphrey
- NHSEI Health Equality objectives for 22/23 – 23/24
Data and Dashboards
Several tools have been developed by national teams for addressing healthcare inequalities, including the Healthcare Inequalities Improvement Dashboard which provides metrics and charts across various healthcare domains to support colleagues across the NHS.
The new tool – Actionable insights – uses statistical techniques to present data into clear sentences, rather than using charts alone. Read this blog about the dashboard.
The dashboard is aimed at:
- Regional SROs for health inequalities
- Health inequalities leads and teams across regions and systems
- Analysts at ICS/regional/national level
- Individuals in trusts and primary care networks responsible for tackling health inequalities
- Public health policy professionals at ICS/regional/national level
For more information or to request access to the dashboard, visit england.nhs.uk/about/equality/equality-hub/core20plus5/hi-improvement-dashboard.